We bought asparagus at the grocery store essentially on a whim because it was on sale. Usually, I just pan roast asparagus with a little olive oil and some garlic, but we decided to try something a little different and find something delicious on pinterest!
2 egg whites
1/4 cup flour
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (she calls for panko, which I didn’t have on hand, so I used regular Italian breadcrumbs.)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Lay a wire cooling rack on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
3. Prepare the asparagus (snap off the ends, wash and dry.)
4. On two seperate plates, add the egg whites (lightly beaten) and the bread crumb/flour/cheese mixture. Season the bread crumb mixture with salt and pepper.
5. Dip an asparagus spear in the egg whites (make sure it’s well covered!)
6. Move the spear to the bread crumbs mixture and make sure it’s coated. If the breading doesn’t stick, re-dip in the egg mixture and try again.
7. Lay each spear on the rack on the pan.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Verdict: They were delicious! Nate really enjoyed them. We ended up with leftovers, but I’m not sure how they’ll reheat.