It’s been a long time since I put up a Pinterest recipe. I have been slacking a little on actually making them, but mostly I’ve been slacking on remembering to take pictures and blog about them.
I picked this recipe because it looked tasty and easy to make. I made it for game night after working all day. It seems like I end up working an awful lot of Saturdays lately, so we’ve been doing game nights even though I worked all day. That usually ends up meaning dinner can’t be an elaborate endeavor because we’d run out of time in the night.
Original Recipe: http://www.shugarysweets.com/2011/10/slow-cooker-french-dip-sammies
3.5 – 4.5 lb Beef Rump Roast
1 tsp salt
2 tsp Grill Seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1.5 cup beef stock
12 ounces dark beer
1. Mix the salt, grill seasoning, garlic powder and pepper together.
2. Place the roast in the crock pot and season all sides with the mixture from step 1.
3. Add the beef broth and the beer to the Crockpot.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
5. Remove beef from Crockpot and shred it. The recipe claims you could slice it but ours was just falling apart all over the place, so we went with shredding it.
5. Strain the fat and bits out of the juice in the crock pot.
6. Serve the beef on a nice bread with cheddar cheese and the au jus on the side.
Verdict: They were delicious! We got so wrapped up in eating them we forgot to take a picture of the finished product. Oops! This one is definitely going in the recipe book to be made again in the future!